Wayne, Technician
Experience:  City & Guilds part 1,2,3. 18 years dealership experience last 5 years as diagnostic tech

My 2000 isuzu rodeo radio is working, but the 6 disc cd player

My 2000 isuzu rodeo radio is working, but the 6 disc cd player won't work! When I try to play a cd, it says ERR 3, what is going on?? Please help, I miss listening to my cds!!!

The error code you are getting EER 3 is either the laser which is mis-aligned or there is a cd stuck in the player.

Easiest option is to get a local car radio specialist to repair or you could open player your self if competent enough and check for cd stuck.

Hope this answers your question, if you require any more info please contact.

Regards Wayne

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Well, I don't even know where to start to see if it's a stuck cd. But the local car shop said he could look and see if it's just a stuck cd. If that's all it is, will the player work ok once we un-stick the cd? Also, if it's NOT a stuck cd, would it be less expesive to fix the laser or just buy an after-market cd player and have it installed??

Once the cd as been removed then generally they are OK.

If it is the laser you would have to check for cost of repair against the cost of new cd player you want,plus you may need a wiring harness connector to connect to vehicle wiring plus the fitting.

But you would have to check.

Regards Wayne.