TheMasterTechSource
TheMasterTechSource, Senior Automotive Consultant
Experience:  ASE Master-37 YRS- Master Certified Tech and a Fixed Operations Specialist
102323

WERE WOULD YOU LOCATE THE STARTER RELAY ON A 1995 SATURN SL2

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  TheMasterTechSource replied 7 years ago.

The starter relay is part of the starter assm on that model---Also known as the starter solenoid

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i'm trying to find were to put the starter relay on my car because i just replaced the starter and the battery and when i turn the key it just clicks once. the parts store said it was probably the relay and they looked it up on the computers and gave me the relay for my car it is a 5 pronged relay for a 1995 saturn SL2 i need to know where to put it i've checked the fuse box under the hood but it only has relay's with 4 prongs and i've checked under the passengerside center console and there were 2 5pronged relays but not the same as the one i have
As you are sitting in the driver's seat, put your left foot even with the brake pedal and move it as far to the left as it will go. It should now be against the kick panel. The relay will be about 12 inches above. It's wrapped in electrical tape onto a wire bundle, so you'll have to cut away some tape to get to it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that wasn't it either i found the bundle of wires and cut away the tape but all that's there is 3 long thin rectangular conectors the relay i have is square with 5 prongs

You can also purchase your online shop manual for your records @:

http://www.alldatadiy.com/buy/index.html

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my car is a automatic so it doesnt have a clutch rod but i cant find anything that looks like that on the underside of the dash on the driver side on the left all i have there is like i said a bundle of wires that i cut the tape away from and theres 3 long thin conecters there
Would you like for me to OPT-OUT to allow another expert to try and help??
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sure
SmileI have OPTED OUT--Good Luck and Drive Safely!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks for trying
God Bless