hemimstrmax
hemimstrmax, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 yrs exp. ASE certified, gold certified with all Dodge,Chry ,Jeep, Corporation training
16267113

2001 Galant: door chimes stopped working..Also door locks only work

Hello! I have a 2001 Galant and yesterday, suddenly my interior lights, door chimes stopped working when the vehicl is on, and the radio lost its power (requiring the code) when I turned the car off. Also door locks only work when vehicle is running. A friend told me it as the accessory delay relay. Is this correct? If so, how do I get one and where the heck is it?
hi have u checked your battery voltage, and terminals for good connection?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Hemi! The voltage is OK, and the vehicle starts fine. But the battery is about 3 yrs old.

ok i understand but if battery has a bad cell could still start but cause olot of electrical issues
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will take it to Autozone or a similar place tomorrow to have a real check done. Can I let you know tomorrow? Many thanks for info about the cell.
np make sure they do a load test, not just volts, gl and please let me know if i can help u further
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Good morning Hemi!

I stopped in to my local Auto Zone to deal with a 'cranky' employee who grudgingly did a battery load test that turned out fine (both load and volts). He was even more cranky when I did not need a new battery!

So, what is next? Have I painted the picture as good as you need to have? Thanks!

ok what u need to check is there is a 10 amp fuse located in the fuse box under the hood, will have a yellow cap around it there is actually two, one or both is faulty, sometimes they dont look blown but replace and this will solve your issue, i would replace both off the yellow capped 10 amp fuses if u have troublle finding it its right below the radio fuse. and the yellow caps dont come out they just slide up and after insalling new fuses make sure u push the yellow cap back down or it wont engage fuse, try not to brake the yellow cap as it is part of the fuse box
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will look in the morning, hemi as it is about 5 degrees outside with a strong wind tonight! I will let you know in the morning and send an accept if all is well. Thanks!
ok ty i will at work until 300 my time( right now it is 6:30) ty and so sorry its so cold keep warm and stay safe
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hemi,

If no one else tells you this today, I want to: "You are 'da man!!" That did the trick and I didn't even break the yellow contraption on the fuse box.

Thanks a million times. I live in the boonies of eastern KY and a trip to the Mitsu dealer/repair shop is a real pain in time and travel (>100 miles).

I really appreciate your time and efforts!

thank you glad i could help, wish the best for you,