Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

My car it cuts out, to prevent this I have to keep my fuel tank full

I have a Dawoo Leganza 1999, When I turn on my car it cuts out, to prevent this I have to keep my fuel tank full.
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 years ago.
Hello, it sounds as if you may have a problem at the fuel pump maybe rather than with the fuel pump. The hose connections in the fuel pump ass'y may have developed a leak or such. Keeping the tank full allows the fuelt o be above the bas spot that is leaking or drawing air. Also, I take it you replaced the cam sensor. There is a recall about the cam sensor and harness that can cause underhood fire. You may want to followup with a dealer if you can. The cam sensor would not be related to height of fuel and stating or not. I think the fuel pump assy should be removed and inspected for hose cuts or tears. There is a noted TSB also about the fuel guage reading incorrect. Unsure if you have had that prblem but thought I would mention.s
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

At precision tune up they did a diagnosis on it and recommended replacing the purge valve. Also I get this loud continuous squaky noise when I put my foot on the gas. Do you still think it is a problem with the fuel pump ass'y.

Expert:  Randall C replied 7 years ago.
The fuel pump is located in the top of fuel tank under back seat. Unlikely noise from there while accelerating. Purge valve? they must be reffering to canister purge valve. I doubt it but... if pressure is developing in tank, it could? cause issues but not only starting when close to full tank. You can always remove back seat, lift pump assy out of tank and inspect hoses, clamps, pipes etc by eye. I really think you have a bad fuel pump module. There are TSB's on this as well. ( Tech service bulletins)