rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

1996 subaru legacy: AT with 2.2 L engine..road..warped..crank shaft

Customer Question

I have a 1996 subaru legacy AT with 2.2 L engine. Car quit on road. Found crank pulley had warped key on crank shaft. Repaired key, installed new timing gear and pulley. Car would not start. Unit is getting fuel and spark. Replaced ecu, plugs, plg wires, cam and crank position sensors, ignitor and coil pack. Cranks, but not igniting. Tried ether , still no innition. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

It really sounds like the crank sensor is not recieving the signal. You say that it's getting spark and fuel, The spark should be strong and blue at the plug. The only thing left that it could be, is the valve timing then. Maybe a compression test should be done as well.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the crnk sensor puts out .1 to .4 volts ac. I will check the compression. Thank you
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 years ago.

You bet, please hit the ACCEPT button for me.

Thanks,