eric
eric, Technician
Experience:  15 years in auto/diesel repair
4858468

New throttle position sensor. new plug wires. distributor & roter.

Customer Question

new throttle position sensor. new plug wires. distributor & roter. must play with throttle & shift by hand. will pick up speed fast when throttle hits but can not over throttle and shift at high rpm. little up hill grade must down shift to keep power. if you do not shift down lose power and must play with throttle again and down shift.
Category: Car
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 years ago.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

What year and model and engine do you have? Are there any engine codes or have you checked for them?

RXXXXX XXXXX

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1998 mit. mirage 1.5 . car runs good when cold for a few min. code was for throttle sensor. now # XXXXX piston

Sorry I only handle Toyota. I will opt out and switch you to the general car category.

RXXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  eric replied 7 years ago.

#3 piston ? are u getting po300 miss fire code pull plugs and check if good due possibly you have bad injector snoopy