JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 8 years ago.
Yes. More than likely it is the Brake Pedal Switch. But to be sure of this we need to test it. To do this will require a Voltage Meter and/or Test Light.

It's either that or the actual Shift Interlock Solenoid. Let me know if you have a tester and I'll help you do it. Thanks, JHoop.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
J Hoop, It turned out to be a fuse. However, I received a call last night with the latest Saab story. My son was on I95, slowing down for the exit. The engine sounded like it was not shifting into lower gear. He got off the exit and it stalled. He was able to start it but it began to smoke and spit oil (from where he did not say) It will have to stay put till after the Nor'easter has passed