George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

I have a 2005 hyundai elantra & for some reason the inside

I have a 2005 hyundai elantra & for some reason the inside lights, clock & radio have quit working. We assumed it was a fuse but have had no luck finding blown one & dealership wants $100.00 to put on diagnostic machine=help?? that isn't counting the repair..any suggestions that will be less costly

Hello I will help you with your question,

These components are run through the "short connector" that is disconnected to ship the vehicle from Korea. The connector holds a fuse and has a yellow handle on it. It is located in the passenger compartment fuse block. Make sure the fuse in the connector is good and that the connector is fully seated.

Let me know if you have questions

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks so much for your quick response....I will have to wait until my son gets here to try it as sure he will undersand what you are saying & then will be pleased to accept it once we remedy the problem.....hang in there just a while longer & will be back with you......
Give it a try and let me know what you find. I will be here most of the day
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I sent another email because didn't see anything on passenger side that had fuses & we have checked every fuse we can find=any more suggestions? appreciate how fast your response was.....just want to know if anything else we can try...thanks
The passenger compartment fuse panel is located in the left side of the dash near the drivers door. Check the diagram posted above for the location and the identification of the short connector. Look for a yellow connector that you can squeeze a tab and remove. Pull this connector out and put it back in making sure it seats firmly. If this does not solve the problem use a test light to see if there is power to either side of the terminals that the connector plugs into. If you have power jump from one terminal to the other with a piece of wire. If that wirks the connector is bad.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks we will try that when my son gets back over here.....having a snow storm so he is out at work......will let you know how we make out...
OK I will be here let me know what you find