JOES SHOP, ASE Certified Technician

1994 Rodeo: manual trans..2nd and 3rd the car starts to jerk..clutch

I own a 1994 Rodeo manual trans. When I shift into 2nd and 3rd the car starts to jerk. Got a new clutch and a new trans.
Category: Car
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 7 years ago.
It sounds like you may have a missfire. Possibly a plug wire or plug. Under a load a miss will show up. Check the plugs and wires. Let me know what you find. Thanks, Joe
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Had a tune up and car drives with no miss fires in 1st, 4th and 5th.
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 7 years ago.
The transmission and clutch are both mechanical. They don't care if you are in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. They just engage and dissengage. Jerking does not come from the clutch (after it is engaged) or the tranny. The load on the engine is much more likely, Possibly a vacumn leak? Are there any ck engine lights on? Thanks, Joe
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No check engine lite on. When I release the clutch it will drive but after the rpm gets higher it starts to jerk.
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 7 years ago.
Okay, The vehicle is already in gear, and you are increasing the RPM'S then it starts to break down. So what is happening, is the engine is missfiring under a load. You may have a vacumn leak or a plug wire breaking down. There is a cylinder not holding up it's part of the bargain under a load. Thanks, Joe