Chris Gast
Chris Gast, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have 6 years experience and am a ase master auto tech& i have recently started working on heavy eq.

I would like daytime running light disabled on my 2006 RAV4

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Chris Gast replied 7 years ago.
there is a relay for the daytime running lights if u have a owners manual it will be labled drl no.4 relay should be able to remove it and the daytime lights wont work but the normal headlight function should still remain.
the snapping sound really could be a lot of things but probably nothing major to worry about. the ticking sound is just valve lash its nothing really to worry about a lot of vehicles have that issue excpesially toyotas. the whistling sound is probably just the sound of the air coming into the engine.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
An what about the stearing wheel vibration while idling in gear?
thats probably due to a motor mount being a little weak. if u can have someone sort of pry up on the engine while its idling and if the vibration goes away thats the prob. I have seen that before.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My car has only 17K on it and I already have all these problem. Very strange...
Ive seen it happen. but most of those problems aren't really (problems) to auto makers they just see that as normal expecially the vibration a lot of vehicles do that.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I still would like it to be fixed before my car goes out of warranty (in 1 month)
What would be appropriate steps to accomplish that. Again I have been to the dealer twice already
if u take it to a auto shop that is indepentandtly owned that does warranty work maybe they can do it for u and it will still be covered. if not try taking it to a different dealership and see if those things are covered under warranty. u don't have to take it to the dealership u bought it from, all toyota dealerships can handle your warranty.
did removing the relay work?
make sure to accept the question so i can get something out of my time spent.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, but none of my questions was answered completely, just general info which is widely availabe on the web. I would like to ask same questions Toyota expert if possible.

good luck with your questions hope another expert can answer your question with more detail.