UK MOTOR TRADER
UK MOTOR TRADER, Mechanic
Experience:  GARAGE OWNER 25 YRS MOTOR TRADE EXPERIENCE. INC FACTORY , ALL MAKES INC BMW AND JAGUAR
15205774

96 range rover when driving it the suspention dropt...ride..stays

Customer Question

I have a 96 range rover when driving it the suspention dropt. The suspention ride monitor know flashes in all the settings, while the range rover stays lowered. What part in the air suspention would make his happen
Category: Car
Expert:  UK MOTOR TRADER replied 8 years ago.

Hi and welcome to just answer.

This sounds like one or more of the air bags has let go and there may also be a problem with the compressor if it's been working overtime trying to keep up, either way it needs checking out properly as you may save the compressor if it's still ok.

The airbags are a common thing to let go and when one goes the others usually follow. Replacing all the bags and compressor is expensive but there is a conversion kit available which reverts back to normal springs and another that replaces the compressor to use airline connections if you're on a budget.

I hope this helps

Regards

Phil