Chris Gast
Chris Gast, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have 6 years experience and am a ase master auto tech& i have recently started working on heavy eq.

I tried running 12 volts from the battery to see if was the pump

My circulating heater pump is not working I tried running 12 volts from the battery to see if was the pump or no power to the pump, I found out the pump did in fact run, My question is Where does the power supply come from?
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did not get an answer I hope I didn't just throw away $17?????

Is this pump the one that blows air inside of the car or is this a pump that circulates antifreeze through the engine

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NO it's not the engine water pump it's the circulating pump that pumps coolant to the rear heater, it's located just above the air cleaner!
is it a factory installed pump because my wirirng diagrams dont show the vehicle to have one i would check all of the fuses to start though.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it's a factory installed pump and yes I have checked the fuse panel just inside the drivers door as well as the fuse panel under the hood
im not to sure where it gets power and i would hate to lead u in the wrong direction. I cant find a wiring diagram that has the pump in it so i will opt out so another expert can help u. im sorry not to be able to give u the answer u were looking for.
u can try tracings the wire but it will probably be a pain to trace it. if u wanted to u could hook the wire up to a wire that is hot only with the key on to temporarily fix the problem till someone can find a wiring diagram with that pump in the diagram.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes that's exactly what I have done but i would like to fix it correctly, just wondering do I still have to pay, I am no further ahead now than i was before asking questions?
I think once u accept its too late. im sorry that i couldn't find a wiring diagram that would tell me anything about it. i will talk to people i know that work at a GM dealership and see if they can find some things out. I will do this on monday and will get back to u about it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you I would appreciate that, I believe you can also find this circulating pump on the chevy venture annd pontiac montana vans but it may only be on ones that are extended not the shorter van style. Hope that helps. I am the original owner and I know this is not any sort of aftermarket pump that is on the van,this is why i would like to fix it the right way.
i will see what i can find out hopefully i can figure something out i would hate not to be able to help u.