Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.
10772012

saturn: quit working and the motor wont crank..unlock..pass the alarm

Customer Question

my saturn car remote quit working and the motor wont crank because I dont unlock it with the remote ?is there any way to start it by pass the alarm.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ivan replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer if the alarm is an aftermarket alarm, it can be bypassed. Let me know if this is the case and we will proceed.

Your JA Expert,

Ivan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the car is a 99 saturn sl1 and I cant start it without unlocking it with the remote .I unlock it with the key but the alarm goes of and the engine wont turn.I want to know how I can turn it on without the remote.
Expert:  Ivan replied 7 years ago.

I feel your system must be an aftermarket system. Does your remote have any indications that it is other then a GM remote. If it's factory, it's not so easy to override, but if it's aftermarket, we can.