stin1974
stin1974, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Domestic transmission diagnostics and troubleshooting. General repair diagnostics and troubleshoot.
2267585

2000 chevy blazer: engine starts just wont turn over..wipers..dim

Customer Question

i drive a 2000 chevy blazer when i put key in ignition the engine starts just won't turn over. Its receiving power from the battery for wipers, headlights, and radio working fine. Also when i turn ignition headlights dim so starter getting power. When starting up the fan doesn't turn over but when i turn ignition off there is a last jolt of power for turns fan quarter turn. Because of this do you think it is with the ignition system of fuel pump?
Category: Car
Expert:  stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
You will have to check for spark and for fuel to determine that. Do you know how to do that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what are the quickest ways to check fuel and spark

Expert:  stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
First check for fuel. On the fuel rail near the intake you will seea shrader valve. It should have a black or blue cap on it. It looks just like where you would fill up a car tire but a little bigger. Take cap off and with the ignition on see if you get any gas out of it. Just like you would let air out of a tire. If it shoots out gas then you at least have fuel pressure. Then you can take a plug out or just take the wire off and put a screw driver up indide the wire and let it sit so the screw driver is about an eight inch from a good metal spot. crank vehicle and see if you get spark. Or you can just take the plug out and plug it back into the wire and see if it sparks the same way while cranking it. This will determine if its a fuel or spark problem.