rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2004 hyundai santa fe: no power and wont idle..lx with a 3.5

Customer Question

i have 3 code p1110,p1175,p1196, car has low or no power and wont idle,this is on a 2004 hyundai sante fe lx with a 3.5
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

These codes are relavent to your problems. 1110-IAT 1175=CAM sesnor 1196=hey off voltage too high. Diagnostics are in order at this point with the scanner and DVOM.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I need dianostic help I am a gm tech and no flo chart to dio this problem,noing code description doesnt really help me. I just installed this engine used,I did replace the timming belt when i had it out,the timming marks i thought were lined up,is it possible for the timming to be off and cause these 3 codes? And if the timming is off wouldnt the valves hit the pistons? this doesnt skip but it does run like the timming is retarded.If thats the case wouldnt it also set a crank code? i dont have a scanner to check data all i can do is check codes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

I'll let someone else help you, I can't fix cars without tools, sorry.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
youre last responce was i cant fix cars without tools? I dont no what that means, I thought u were going to give me suggestions on what to check and what u may have found on previos repairs tellin me the codes and what they are I already new, so thanks for tellin me what i already new, imnot acceptin ur answer
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.