ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience on imports and domestics. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

My seat belts locked up and my airbag light is on is

Customer Question

My seat belts locked up and my airbag light is on is there anyway to fix it without bringing it to a shop?
Category: Car
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car? ION, L series, RELAY, VUE?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2005 saturn ion it has 65000km and it has a 2.2 liter 4 cyl
OK.. there is a stop button in there that could be damaged, as it is a fairly common problem, and the air bag light is most likely coming on because you cannot buckle the seat belts.
Here is 'the meat' of a TSB about this problem:

All seatbelt retractor assemblies contain a stop button. If a stop button becomes damaged, the button can be replaced by ordering a replacement button through the GM Parts Catalog. The seat belt retractor assembly does not need replacement.

Refer to Document ID #(NNN) NNN-NNNNin SI for the complete installation procedure.

Parts Information

Saturn retailers should refer to the appropriate model year Parts & Illustration Catalog for the vehicle.

Now.. a TSB is not a free repair like a Recall is. BUT this is the seqtbelts that are messing up, and you can take most any car to the dealership with seatbelt problems, and they will fix it for free, because they are supposed to last the life of the car.