Rixster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner Rix Automotive & Mobile Repair 27+ Years Exp. with all makes and models cars and Lt. Trucks

2002 Hyundai accent: It has a rough idle and sometimes hard to start

I have a 2002 Hyundai accent 1.6L. It has a rough idle and sometimes hard to start. The bigger mystery is when I rev the moter it won't go above 3000RPM. Every once in a while it revs all the way out. It feels like the TPS has a bad spot so I replaced it. No difference. I just replaced the coils due to a weak spark and no different. I rescanned it and came up with these DTC P1507,P1403,PO444,P1402,P0121,and PO562. This is the first time after replacing the coils I got any Emission codes. Please help! I"ve heard of many other people with this same problem,not this many codes but the engine bogging.Please help?
Category: Car
Expert:  Rixster replied 7 years ago.

Hello! I'm Rixster...

I'd try taking it down to your Local exhaust shop for a quick test. Usually they'll do this for free. They can tell you if you're having an Exhaust restriction problem or Rule that out as a concern.

It really sounds like that would be my next step.

I would record those codes and try clearing them. If the light comes on again Re-scan

for DTC's and see if you get the same codes.

It's possible you could be having a PCM issue and potential failure.

These codes are showing your whole intake system is at fault.

Give this a try and have that exhaust checked

Let me know what you find...

Thanx! -Rixter