Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

how do you remove instrument dash from 2003 deville DTS.

Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Are you just trying to remove th actual instrument panel where all of your gauges are located etc?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes, i have been told i can buy a new or used panel to replace.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you need anymore information from me
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.

No I do not. Sorry for the delay. Here is what you are going to need to do to access the instrument panel on this model.

graphic

• Remove the left and right windshield pillar garnish moldings.
  • Remove the I/P air outlet vents.
  • Remove the defroster grille.
  • Remove the four fasteners (2) from the inside of the vent outlet holes to the upper pad (3).
  • Remove the three fasteners (1) from the inside of the defroster grille outlet holes to the upper pad (3).
    graphic

• Lift the upper I/P pad (1) upward from the rear edge of the I/P cluster in order to disengage the retainers from the I/P cluster trim plate.
  • Disconnect the electrical connectors, if necessary.
  • Lift the pad on an angle and slide rearward in order to disengage the retainers at the front of the I/P.
  • Remove the I/P upper trim pad (1) from the vehicle.
    graphic
  • Remove the screw holding the cluster trim panel and the passenger trim panel together.
    graphic

• Remove the screws from the outside edges of the IP cluster trim panel (1).
  • Disconnect the Driver Information Center (DIC) electrical connectors.
  • Remove the IP cluster trim panel (1).
  • graphic

• Remove the 4 fasteners (1) retaining the IP cluster to the IP.
  • Disconnect the electrical connectors (2) on each side of the IP cluster.
  • Remove the IP cluster (3) from the IP.
  • Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!
  • Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
    Experience: ASE CERTIFICATION