CDNRobb, Technician
Experience:  Licensed Interprovincial technician in Canada. Well versed in Suzuki, Ford, GM.

2003 suzuki: of the throttle body)..RPM..slowly

I'm having a problem with my 2003 Suzuki XL7 not idling once the car is warmed up. I've checked and cleaned the idle control valve (on top of the throttle body). After that cleaning the car idled for about ten minutes and then the RPM's slowly dropped until the engine stalled. Could this be a problem with one of the temperature sensors in the engine?

The only thing that I've come across causing an idle specifically on these vehicles would be a dirty EGR that is sticking open allowing flow a idle.

Since you already have the cleaner, I would pop it off and clean the ports out on the EGR itself. Since the vehicle idles down when warmer, the egr hanging open will cause a rough idle that will get lower and lower until it stalls out.

Hope that helps.