Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

2000 Jaguar S-Type traction control light flashing on the dashboard

2000 Jaguar S-Type traction control light flashing on the dashboard DSC ABS works fine, no codes in any of the modules.
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Usually when the tire light is flashing the ABS/DSC module will need to be recalibrated. This can only be done with the Jag WDS/IDS that only dealers have. What you can try to do is disconnect the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes. If the light does come back it will need to be programmed. My dealer charges a half hour labor to do so.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Why did it happen all I did is upper control arms. I had to pull out the struts and disconect shock sensors but they were reconnected before car was started.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.
If you had the battery disconnected or cleared the trouble codes it can happen. The DSC is not the electronic stuts. That has a seperate module and if there was a problem with the struts you will get a CATS fault message.