FixItMan, Master Technician

How do I unlock the anti theft system for my 2007 gmc sierra

how do I unlock the anti theft system for my 2007 gmc sierra
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer use the key relearn procedure below to reset the security system. If you need more help let me know.

1. With an unlearned master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Observe the security indicator, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off.
  3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes . Important: The TDM learns the key transponder information upon the ignition switch transition from OFF to ON. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
  5. With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information.