Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.
10772012

Replacing a serpentine belt on 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 4 cyl

Customer Question

Replacing a serpentine belt on 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 4 cyl?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there! Are you looking for the belt routing?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, I can see how its routed. I need to know how to loosen the tension pulley. No matter which direction I turn the bolt it takes a lot of force and I didn't want to brake it.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
OK, I see. Rotate it clockwise if it is the 2.7L engine. It will be very tight, the tensioner is spring loaded. When you rotate the bolt, the entire tensioner should move. Make sure you are using the bolt down by the pulley itself. Let me know if this is the wrong engine.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's a 2.4l
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
OK. I have no info for the 2.4. I will open it up for the other experts. Thanks
Expert:  Ivan replied 7 years ago.

Hello, I'm including a routing that identifies the tensioner. It is self adjusting so it will take some effort but it is spring loaded and will rotate. My info system shows a second belt and I included a picture of its tensioner which is manually adjusted. Hopefully with these two pictures you'll be able to accomplish your goal. If you need more help feel free to ask, I'll look for the answer for you.

Your JA Expert,
Ivan

graphicgraphic

Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.