Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.

accordingly: change waterpump on 1.8l dohc engine...tdc..camshaft

I had to change waterpump on 1.8l dohc engine. I've located and set the carankshaft to TDC but, I'm trying to set the twin camshaft sprockets accordingly. The manual pictures there should be an E and I on the head casing taht serve to line up with corresponding marking on the sprocket, ie: E/E, I/I but I don't see them. Both E/I markings apear on the sprockets. Given that I have the crank set, I assume it's normal that camshafts can't rotate more than 180 deg. as they are contacting the piston. Where are the markings supposed to be positioned ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Lurch replied 7 years ago.

Carfully look at the surface on the front of the head.
There are 2 points. One on each side.
Align the I & E with those points.

Here is Kia procedure:

click below:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm trouble getting the image documemnt to download, keeps locking up and shuting computer down. so I'll state this- The casting just has an patterned etching with series of casting letters and numbers I see no disticnt raised y-sahped marking with an E and I at the ends of the Y. On the top of the casted cover there are two shaped arrows at the 12 o'clock position extending down towrd each sprocket. Is it thesemarkings that on one sprocket the E should line-up and the other the I should line up?
Expert:  Lurch replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for the problem. It is in .pdf Format.
Here is a picture of the marks: