hmo59
hmo59, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master tech/engine performance advance level specialist
14917963

Cadillac deville: turn signals..I tested all fuses..hazard lights

Customer Question

I have a1998 cadillac deville, both turn signals stopped working.I tested all fuses related to them and they all were ok.The hazard lights all flash ok.What do I check next?
Category: Car
Expert:  hmo59 replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomerand welcome to just answer.com if all fuses are ok and the grounds (the grounds are good because the hazard lights are ok and is a common path for both circuits)you have to replace the turn/hazard switch, its damage. Thanks if I can help you in something else don't hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you sure?You mean the steering column switch is bad?There is no other relay or flasher module that could be the cause?Is there another way to verify that the column switch is bad?Please advise.
Expert:  hmo59 replied 7 years ago.

need to know if the instrumental turn signal lights are working or not? If never or just with the hazard lights?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The instrument turn indicators dont work at all,the only indicator I get is the triangle that blinks to show that hazard lites are on when you push the flasher switch in.
Expert:  hmo59 replied 7 years ago.

If the turn signal flasher is good like you say (look like a relay bellow the IP left of the steering column different that the hazard light)the steering switch is damage .there are not other modules or relays in the circuit. that's mean that the circuit before and past the steering switch is in perfect condition. Many thanks and don't hesitate to ask anything else.

Expert:  hmo59 replied 7 years ago.

Picturehmo59 (Online) -- ASE Certified Technician -- Expert's Profile
ASE master tech/engine performance advance level specialist