James, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  over 8 years exp chevy to jaguar your covered mobile mechanic for 5 years expert on diagnostics
14089817

I have a 2004 Hyundai sonata i have had to replace headlights

I have a 2004 Hyundai sonata i have had to replace headlights on several times they tell me this may be a relay and to check the body control panel but i have noticed lately that when i have my heat on feet mode it blows some on the feet but some of the heat is coming from the dash panel could this also be something on the body control panel? how do you check this panel?
Category: Car
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.

The Body Control Module (BCM) supplies vehicle occupants with visual and audible information and controls various vehicle functions.

To provide and receive information, the module may be interfaced with other modules, including the powertrain control module (PCM), the Transmission Control Module (TCM) , the electro/mechanical instrument cluster (MIC) , the Airbag Control Module (ACM) , the Compass/mini-trip module and the Controller Antilock brake Module (CAB). The BCM is operational when battery power is supplied to the module.

The BCM can control the following functions:

• Automatic door locks
  • Battery protection
  • Chimes
  • Compass/mini-trip support
  • Courtesy lamps
  • BCM diagnostic support
  • Door lock inhibit
  • Headlamp time delay
  • Ignition key lamp
  • Illuminated entry
  • Instrument panel dimming
  • Mechanical instrument cluster support
  • Power door locks (with/without remote keyless entry)
  • Sliding door memory lock
  • Vehicle Theft Security system (VTSS)
  • Windshield wipers / washers (front and rear)

• the sonata has a known problem with the windshield and other glass leaking water inside the car or rain. it can come in contact with the electrical connections and cause demitting problems. so what you will need to do is remove the glove box and spray contact cleaner or electrical cleaner to remove the moisture you can also use a hair dryer
    to dry the connection I just bought a 01 sonata and had the same problem and all i did was turn the heater up all the way and let it run all day. but you got to see it was a bad connection when your husband moved something and the light turned off and i would say check the area again very close and find and connections and with the battery cable removed remove them and use electrical grease so you will not have this problem again

the glove box is easy to remove and should explain itself but if you need help please ask
    James, Auto Mechanic
    Experience: over 8 years exp chevy to jaguar your covered mobile mechanic for 5 years expert on diagnostics