32dmadden, Auto Repair Shop Owner
Experience:  A.S.E. Certified Master Technician, L-1 37 yrs. Auto Repair Experience

Doesnt blow..vents..a auto repair shop install a radiator saying that

What could be the reason the heat / air doesn't blow out of the vents. We had a auto repair shop install a radiator saying that was the issue. Went to pick it up & still nothing blowing out of the vents. I had the radiator replaced 3 years ago. I think that was not needed or the root the the issue. What are your thoughts. What should be checked out as possible causes?
Category: Car
Expert:  32dmadden replied 7 years ago.
The problem is either in the control head in the dash or it has a bad door motor. There are several doors under the dash that control where or witch vents the air blows through. If the motor that operates it goes out it doesn't change air flow inside the A/C ducting. If it is an automatic A/C system there is also a programer under the dash that can be bad. To repair it you need to start with what the problem is. You will need a computer scanner and a manual that explains the different codes and how to obtain them. If it happens to be a door motor you have to get under the dash to replace it. This will require some of the dash to be removed. As you can see it is more than the home mechanic should tackle. Best bet is to take it to a shop that has A.S.E. certified techs. For sure not the shop you were at. Someone dropped the ball. If it was brought in for no air out of the vents a radiator won't fix that and any GM tech knows that in there first year. Hope this helps explain what is happening. Let me know if you need more help.