Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

How to open gas door or cover for jaguar xj8

Customer Question

how to open gas door or cover for jaguar xj8
Category: Car
Expert:  Carfix4you replied 5 years ago.
Hello , and welcome to Just Answer. At any time you have any questions, need wiring diagrams, images, or service information, don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to help you solve your vehicles problem.I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to Just Answer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please ask.
Any questions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You gave me an answer for the top that goes onto the fuel filler that screws on. I can not lift the actual outside door cover for the fuel tank.

Thank You

Locking of the fuel filler flap can only be achieved by operation of the key or the remote of transmitter. Was the last line in the information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is no key hole on the door of the gas tank
Either the key, or the key fob( a little black thing with buttons) has a button for releasing the fuel door.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Hello and maybe I can help. The fuel filler will lock and unlock with the doors. If you unlock the doors but the fuel filler will not unlock then you will need to move the rod manually from inside the trunk. Just go under the carpet at the driver side from of the trunk to move the rod actuator.