Jake2890, Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experiance, Auto Repair Shop Owner

Subaru Outback: 000 miles..driving down..interior dash lights

Customer Question

Subaru Outback 1997 189,000 miles. I was driving down the road when the lights dimmed and the car lost power. Eventually the car died, but the lights, including the interior dash lights, flickered on and off until the battery died and there was nothing else left. I replaced the alternator and the battery and the car starts up right on time, but the lights still flick on and off at a steady pace and there is a clicking sound when the car is off that goes in pace with the flicking of the lights. There is also no power steering. What could be wrong with it?
Category: Car
Expert:  Jake2890 replied 7 years ago.
Make sure you belt is tight. and that the (new) alternator is charging properly. Even though it is new doesn't mean in is not bad. I get bad ones in alot.