FixItMan, Master Technician

2007 KIA Spectra: mis-firing when at a stop light..I accelerate..jerks

Have a 2007 KIA Spectra and the car just started jecking and sounding like the engine was mis-firing when at a stop light. Then when I accelerate from a complete stop the car/engine jerks back and forward and seems like the engine is going to die.
HelloCustomer did the check engine light come on? How does the vehicle run at higher speeds? How many miles are on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, the Engine Check light is on when I start the car and stays on. The car runs a little better (smooth) at higher speeds but does still jerk. It will jerk more when I start to slow down and when at an idle will jerk frequently. The car has 19,500 miles on it. Thanks for your quick reply. I will be available to respond more quickly.

Okay. It sounds like you may have gotten bad gas or that you have a sensor that has failed. The only way to tell for sure is to have the computer scanned for codes. You can go to most autoparts stores and have this done for free. Come back here with the code and I can let you know what is going on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok. I will have the computer scanned for codes tomorrow (Monday). I will et back to you with the codes. Thank you for your answer.

Great. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.