Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division
1699649

Heater control valve is on a 2002 Cadillac LS 3.

Customer Question

I need to know where the heater control valve is on a 2002 Cadillac LS 3.9, V8
Category: Car
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I need to know where the heater control valve is on a 2002 Lincoln LS, 3.9, V8. I know that is what the problem is, I just don't know where it is
Expert:  Carfix4you replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer and welcome to Just Answer. At any time you have any questions, need wiring diagrams, images, or service information, don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to help you solve your vehicles problem.I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to Just Answer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please ask.
Any Questions?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have this diagram already from All data. But, I am not very good at this. I need to know exactly where it is. The last thing the diagram says is to remove the coolant valve mounting bracket. Is it behind this?
When you remove the bracket, you will have the valve in your hand.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX try this
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One more question. Where under the hood is all of this located? up by the head lights or next to the dash, and driver or passenger side?
Lower passenger side of engine compartment behind the fenderwell. HERE
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When you push on the gas, the heat gets hot, but when you take your foot off the gas, it cools off again, Does this sound like a heater control valve problem or something else?
I'm going to put your question back up and see if anybody else has any info on this. Sorry I couldn't help you further. I'm sure someone will be with you shortly. Thanks again for choosing justanswer!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok, thanks for your help.
Expert:  Roadside Jerry replied 7 years ago.
Hi, if the heater valve was the problem,not opening,you would never get heat. The problem is poor coolant flow though heater core. First make sure the cooling system is full,if low by as little as a quart, it would affect the heater ou put. If it is full I would suspect a clogged core.You can flush it out ,by disconnecting both heater hoses,and flush back into the core using a garden hose,flush in both direction,until the water flows clear.Then reconnect the hoses,fill the system with a 50/50 mix of coolant and water,and you should be getting good heat again.
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
had the heater core flushed yesterday.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Could it be the water pump not circulating properly
If you are sure the core is clear,check this by felling both heater hoses,they should both be hot,if they get cool when the engine idles,you can have a pump that has a low output,can be due to an impeller that is worn down . You can check this,on a cold engine, connect a low pressure water gauge,we use one from a hot water home heating system, connected to the heater hose that comes off the pump when you start the engine,it should quickly give you a reading of at least 10 psi, if not , it would give me good reason to pull the pump and inspect the impellerfor damge or wear. .