Carfix4you
Carfix4you, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Re-certified Technician, 22 yrs. Dealer and Independent Repair World Class High Performance Expe
14923590

1997 Porsche Boxster: I heard a loud whining sound coming..parked

I have a 1997 Porsche Boxster. Today, for the first time, I heard a loud whining sound coming from the engine. I was only two blocks from home and parked it immediately. I saw no visible leaks, though the engine smelled a little hot. Could it be a belt or pulley? Thx, John
HelloCustomer and welcome to Just Answer. At any time you have any questions, need wiring diagrams, images, or service information, don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to help you solve your vehicles problem. You may want to take a look at that system. I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to Just Answer. You can download it by clicking HERE. and HERE I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please ask.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You zoned right into the drive belt tensioner -- is this an educated guess or is that a usual culprit for that sound on a Boxster? Any recommendations, by chance, for a good Porsche mechanic in Denver? About how many hours in labor would you estimate? And price of parts estimate? Pls. estimate what you think this repair might cost?
About 2 hours labor. These guys are the best in your area.
 #1

Prestige Imports Audi & Porsche

Oldest Porsche ~ Audi Dealer In The Region. Visit Our Showrooms & See Why We've Achieved The Highest Customer Satisfaction Rankings In Sales & Service
Brands: Porsche
9201 W Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80215