Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

Remove and replace starter motor on a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora

Remove and replace starter motor on a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora North Star engine
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomeryour starter is located beneath the intake manifold,disconnect the ground cable at your battery,remove the cover covering the intake assembly,disconnect fuel lines and any hoses and wiring connectors from the fuel injectors and any sensors,remove all the bolts from the intake asembly,and lift it up to gain access to the starter.You will have to replace the intake gaskets before reassembly.This is a fairly easy task it just looks complicated.Also remove the air inlet tubing to the throttle body and whatever else may be in the way of lifting the intake.You dont have to neceesarily remove the intake just remove enough stuff lift intake up and support it up then replace your starter,its dry beneath the intake ,no oil or coolant to mess with.I hoped this has helped.
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Pete, thank you for the fast reply. Do you have any pictures to show the procedure you described. I am pretty adapt at auto repairing, however I know my limitations.

What would this job cost at a local gm dealership and auto repair shop.

Thank you for the additional information.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Im sorry as i do not have any pictures available,if you want i can discontinue helping with this questiona so you can see if anyone else has any pictures available.I woud say this job would costyou 2 or 3 hours labor plus the part unless you already have the part.Labor fees vary from different shops,but im sure if you called around they could give you a good estimate.Let me know what you want to do if you are satisfied click the accept if not let me know if you want me to opt out of this question.