mike, bmw master tech
Experience:  ase certified.. bmw master tech

2001 Hyundai XG300: 10 degrees..degrees outside..The spark plugs

2001 Hyundai XG300 Will not start when below 10 degrees outside. When you get it inside, it has spark. The spark plugs are soaked in gas. Clean them off and it fires right up. Will act nomal for days to weeks before has to be towed.
Hi when was the last time new plugs and wires were installed? May need done. Also have you ever had an induction service performed at dealer? It is common older car to get carbon build up. It affects cold start up. We see a few of these. Depending if plugs and wires have been done we do plugs wires and an induction service. Takes care of their issue. Thanks mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The plugs and wires are new. I cleaned out the throttle body. Did not do a complete induction service on car. I forgot to say that there were no error codes.
Hi cleaning the throttle really does not do much. I do recommend getting the full induction service. We have seen this many times in the shop this year. The other issue we have is a crank sensor problem should set the ck engine light. Sometimes it may not but there may be a code stored anyway. A auto zone will ck faults for free. Thanks mike