Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician
112340

1994 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD: LIGHT COMES..IT TO A CADILLAC DEALERSHIP

I HAVE A 1994 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD. OCASIONALLY MY PASS KEY FAULT LIGHT COMES ON AND MY CAR WONT START UNTIL THAT LIGHT GOES OUT. I TOOK IT TO A CADILLAC DEALERSHIP AND THEY SAID IT NEEDS A VCM BUT THEY NO LONGER HAVE THEM FOR THAT YEAR CADILLAC. WHAT CAN I DO?
Category: Car
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
Well since it so old you could find a used on or i could see if a reman is available.There is one other option I have used with success.Take yours out and have an auto parts store send it out to be repaired.they will need the vin.mileage etc.I save my customers over half the price of a new computer.When you bypassed the VAT did you install a resistor and solder it in?If the bypass connections were not good the resistance in the circuit will change and the VATS module will go into theft deterrent mode.