jackduppel
jackduppel, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Automotive Technician

My car make a loud noise and jerking motion and then not start if mice

Would my car make a loud noise and jerking motion and then not start if mice had eaten my wires?
Category: Car
Expert:  jackduppel replied 5 years ago.

Anything is possible-- If the mice ate at your ignition system- Then I would say YES that is a possibility

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it was the wire loom they told me but also that my engine mount was broken and my engine was flooded but that was not why the car would not start.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The dealer told me me engine mount was broken and flooded, but that was not why the car would not start. They said that mice had eaten the wires but it seemed more like my timing belt had broken. The mount was covered under my warranty and it seems like this is something they are trying to add on since I will have to pay out of pocket for it

A broken engine mount would cause a jerking- but not a no start-- a timing belt would cause this=== are they saying the timing belt is broken as well as wires eaten by mice?

also what was flooded?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They just told me my wire loom was eaten by mice, and while they were looking the engine mount is broken and the engine is flooded. It just seems like the way the car broke down with the loud noise and jerking motion that it was not caused by mice eating the wire loom.

OK-- I understand now-- by flooded- they mean the spark plugs have raw gas on them-- this will keep the car from starting... The jerking - I think is from the engine mount.. As far as the wiring I believe the dealer-- this happens quite often here in PA with squirrels...

jackduppel, Auto Service Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Automotive Technician