FixItMan, Master Technician

Battery goes dead in cold weather below zero over nite. Why?

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer if a battery is on the verge of failure extreme hot or cold temperatures will cause it to go dead. I would have the battery checked out. Most likely this is all you need. It is also a good idea to have the alternator checked out after the battery is replaced.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is not the answer after reading what has been done so far.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, those comments did not come up before I answered. Is all of the electrical systems dead or does the car just not crank?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The battery is dead or almost dead. Or seems this way, can find no draws on battery. Will not turn over, radio will turn on. Charge battery up and it cranks, Tested battery at auto zone again today and budget auto, battery tests ok. No spark at terminal when hooking battery back up again either.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 7 years ago.
Okay. I would start by checking the resistance in the battery cables. If they have internal corrosion it can cause this.