Mr. Sam
Mr. Sam, Mechanic
Experience:  15 year experience, Highly skilled with hands-on experience and excellent trainning service, diagnos

Alarm/panic goes off every 30 minutes? checked doors, read manual

Customer Question

alarm/panic goes off every 30 minutes? checked doors, read manual- still a problem
Category: Car
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

jaguar xj8, 1998 model

Expert:  Mr. Sam replied 7 years ago.
Make sure your alarm remote has fully charge battery, low battery voltage can cause your car alarm to goes on. Start with replace the remote battery first. Make sure car battery is fully charged. My car alarm do the same thing but only happen when it get very could and that because of my after market tilt sensor i installed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I think this may be more of a "psychological" answer than a "mechanical" one. Late Wednesday night, the last time the alarm went off, I placed the key in the ignition, and rolled it to position II. I then started the car and drove it about 5 miles. When I got back home, I let it idle for about 3 minutes and then turned it off, and locked the doors via the door lock, and I haven't had a problem with the alarm since then.

The reason I think it is a "psychological" problem is because it is a "panic" alarm. If the car car has not moved I haven't done much to remove myself or the vehicle from the original situation that caused the panic. Therefore, the alarm is probably set to repeat every "X" number of minutes in the event that the driver / occupants are incapacitated.

Granted, I'm no mechanic. But that is my idea of what coccurred.