Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes

2005 S-Type: blowing..very hot air when the A/C is..degrees

My 2005 S-Type Jaguar is blowing very hot air when the A/C is on even at 61 degrees. Please help me if you have an answer to my problem. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much, Mari Alonso.

Hello Mari and welcome to

I can help you but first I need you to answer a couple of questions. If you set the climate control to Lo then bring it to high do you feel a difference in the outlet air temp? Do you have the touch screen or standard controls? Also turn off the climate control and turn off the engine. Then start your engine and turn on the a/c. You should hear an audiable click from the driver side of the engine compartment. That is the a/c compressor. Let me know if you can hear it engage?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your quick response. Yes, I have set the climate control to lo and then to hi. I do feel a difference it blows more and it varies in hotness. I have standard control. I will also check for the audiable click. so if i do hear it engage what does that mean?

If you feel a difference in temp then it sounds like the heater control valve is not sticking and the evap and other temps sensors are working. You may just have a low refrigerant charge. If the charge is too low the compressor will not turn on cause of low pressure.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
But I felt the hose where the cold air passes through and it was very cold...?

The it is possible that the heater valve is sticking slightly open or that the climate control module is not closing the valve. This is going to be difficult to diagnose your self but we can try. What I would do is first pinch off the heater hoses going to the core. If the air gets colder then it's a heater valve or valve circuit causing the problem.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, i think i'm not able to do it myself and my dad is too old and not a mechanic at all. Do you have any idea what i will be facing in terms of cost?
It will really all depend on what is wrong. The heater valve repair is about $600.00 parts and labor. If it's a wiring problem it's hard to say. If it's one of the interior temp or evap temp sensors it will not cost that much
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Wow $600 yikes! not good! Well at least is winter now and i can hold off a few months and save up the money! Thank you so much for your help! Have a wonderful day!

Your welcome.

Thanks for the accept and for using