Lamp, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified Electronics, Brakes, Steering and Suspension

I have a 99 plymouth breeze. The horn started sounding on its

I have a 99 plymouth breeze. The horn started sounding on its own and wont shut off. How do i fix this so that i dont have to just have it disconnected.? and will disconnecting it interfere with my airbags?
Category: Car
Expert:  Lamp replied 7 years ago.

Hello thank you for using JA let me see if I can help.

Before condemning the horn or the switch try this easy check. First locate the relay for the horn located in the fuse box under the hood and swap it for a identical one next to it to see if the horn continues. If it does not you have a faulty shorted relay if it continues then the issue is further up. If it continues the issue more than likely will be with the switch. This vehicle unfortunately has the switch inside the air bag and can only be replaced as a unit. If the horn is going off also tap the bag to see it quits if it does this confirms short in the switch.