Mauricio
Mauricio, Technician
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models
12133139

2001 Kia Sephia: manual transmission..slowing down..a hill it becomes

I have a 2001 Kia Sephia manual transmission, lately it has been slowing down and will not get up pass 40 to 45 miles per hour. When going up a hill it becomes extremely slow even though I press on the gas. It goes fast down hill a little while it lurches and jerks not getting up to speed lurching when given gas
Category: Car
Expert:  Mauricio replied 5 years ago.

Hello

Do you have the checking engine light on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the check engine light is on. It wnet out once for about 30 minutes and then came on again
Expert:  Mauricio replied 5 years ago.
You need to go Autozone and have your computer scan, they do that for free and let me know the code number on the computer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did go to AutoZone and took someone with me that works on cars. The person at Autozone said that nothing showed up. It could be the brakes or the tires
Expert:  Mauricio replied 5 years ago.

How miles on your vehicle?

Did you any kind of service done?

About the last time you had a tune up?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
66,784 miles

Bought the car about 1 and a half months, it ran fine, previous owner said it had been checked out and serviced by AAA

It was due to be serviced again in Dec of 2008
Expert:  Mauricio replied 5 years ago.
This could be cause by a clogged fuel filter, clogged catalytic converter, this condition usually doesn't leave a code on the computer.
Mauricio, Technician
Experience: 15 years working in all makes and models
Expert:  Mauricio replied 5 years ago.
On your comment you said about jerk, this could be cause by a misfire on the engine a bad plug,iginition wires or a bad injector, however this will leave a code on the computer, if your check engine light is on, you do have a code on the computer, you'll need to go back to Autozone when the light is on and ask to scan the computer again,make sure the light is on when you go there.