JOES SHOP
JOES SHOP, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECH 30+ YRS FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS AND TRANSMISSION REPAIRS.
9638808

Mazda 6: driver side window..the lower dashboard lights..gear stick

I have a Mazda 6 and the driver side window cannot open. The other windows can. Also, the lower dashboard lights by the gear stick stopped working shortly afterwards, as did the A/C. We checked the fuses but they seem okay. What could the problem be?
Category: Car
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 8 years ago.
What year is your Mazda 6? Have you experienced any other electrical problems? Thanks, Joe
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is a 2005 with no previous problems
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the info. The power window circuit does not effect the A/C or shifter light circuits. I will send you a diagram of the window circuit. All the windows work off the same supply power (30 amp pwr window fuse in main box). If any window works then you know the supply is good. You probably have a master switch in the drivers door bad or a window regulator. Can you hear the power window motor run when you move the switch? If so the regulator needs replaced. If not either the motor or switch is bad (the switch is more common). Thanks, Joegraphicgraphic