ckarate2
ckarate2, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master. dodge chrysler jeep master certified. over 250 factory training schools
13710573

s-type: overheats..fan is not coming on and all the fuses are good

Customer Question

My s-type overheats...the fan is not coming on and all the fuses are good
Category: Car
Expert:  ckarate2 replied 7 years ago.

when is it overheating? sitting still at red lights or driving down the road......

you have checked all the fuses....

check the coolant level and the thermostate... a quick test let run to operating temp and fell the top rad. hose and than the bottom rad. hose and see if both hoses are equally hot to the touch. if one hose is hot and one is cold that will tell you the thermostat is not working properly

let the car warm up to operating temp. and check to see if you have voltage and ground to the cooling fan....... this will tell you if you have a bad cooling fan motor or something else.......

let me know if i can help anymore

good luck

chris

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
turns out my buddie's Jag just had to burn off all the old Anti freeze that had blown all over the engine when the tank nipple broke off. I checked the fan, it worked, I jumpered the relays, they worked, i took it to buy 15$ worth of beer, no overheating....then i stopped working. Thanx so much for your help
Expert:  ckarate2 replied 7 years ago.

excellent.....

if i can help let me know