Experience:  21 years working on autos. 6 years for living .shop owner 2 years

Temp gauge checked coolant and it..overheat..driven

Customer Question

it was cold outside it was taking awhile for the heater to get warm and the temp was below normal on temp gauge checked coolant and it was low filled coolant now coolant is leaking but it does not overheat when driven does just fine what could be the problem
Category: Car
Expert:  RCV AUTO REPAIR LLC replied 7 years ago.

hi i can help you. as long as the fluid is full it will not over will need to preasure test the system to find the leak.that will help you to find the leak.if you decide to do it your self you will need a air compresor to put presure in the system.make sure that you do NOT put more presure than the rad. cap shows or you will do damage. or you can bring to your local mechanic.

if this has helped you please hit the accept link and leave feedback i will do the same.a deposit is not a accept thank you and Happy Newyear.thanks ray

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks I have made an appointment with a mechanic to check the problem out I don't feel comfortable doing that myself Thank you
thank you hope every thing goes good.