mike
mike, bmw master tech
Experience:  ase certified.. bmw master tech
13313167

Radio antenna will not extend when radio is turned on..motor running

radio antenna will not extend when radio is turned on,you can hear the motor running and acliucking sound,butnothing happens.(2205 Hyundai sonata)
Category: Car
Expert:  mike replied 7 years ago.
Hi very common issue you will need a new antena mast. Just the part that raises up. You will remove the lower nut at the base of the car. Then you pull out the old mast. You have the radio on and then have someone turn it off while you feed the new one in it. Get the new part first. You will be able to see what I mean. Or at the dealer they will charge around 45.00 dollars to install. Or do it yourself 5 minutes of work. Thanks mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
re:remove lower nut from bare of car,do I access from the trunk?
Expert:  mike replied 7 years ago.
Hi nothing is done in the trunk. At your antena it looks like it has 2 flat edges I think a 12mm wrench will fit it. If you get the new antena easier to see what I am talking about. Trying to get the repair instructions but even the dealer instructions do not show us how to do it. I will try to find a pic. Mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks .A pic. would be great I just need to know where to start
Expert:  mike replied 7 years ago.
Hi do you have the new antena? Can not find a pic yet. There is a chrome nut on top of fender at antena has 2 flat spots on it that a wrench will fit on remove this first. Mike