mike, bmw master tech
Experience:  ase certified.. bmw master tech

2006 Hyundai santa fe: 60 MPH..the odometer and her tires look good

At 60 MPH my daughter's 2006 Hyundai Sante Fe has lots of road noise. It is like a roar. Her car has about 40K on the odometer and her tires look good.
Category: Car
Expert:  mike replied 7 years ago.
Hi the most common thing would be the tires. Rub you hand across them see if it feels uneven they get what the call feather edging. Second would be a wheel bearing dont see many going bad could happen. While driving and making noise turn the wheel to the left and then right see if the noise changes pitch. If it does should be a wheel bearing. But it should be noisy even at low speeds and gets louder the faster you go. So I am thinking if you rub your hand around the tire you are going to feel it like lumpy. Thanks mike