JOES SHOP, ASE Certified Technician

1979 eldorado: fuses..blower motor..climate control selector

Customer Question

I have a 1979 eldorado and my heating sytem just stopped working. I checked all fuses, changed the thermostat and blower motor and still nothing. When I switch the climate control selector to any position nothing happens, even in the defog setting the fan does not work. What could be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 7 years ago.
3 things, check your fan speed switch. They tend to get hot and melt. Check the variable resister on the blower motor housing, they tend to burn out. And check the vacuum supply to the heating/A/C system if you lost vacuum the system will fail. Thanks, Joe
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I accept your answer Joe but there seems to be a problem with the system at just answer. I tried several credit cards that are very good and the system did not accept them. What to do?
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 7 years ago.
I will send this to the Moderator. Maybe they can help. In the meantime, could you please try again. Thanks, Joe
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hey, Joe, I have been trying to add funds to my account but no luck. I emailed and asked them to look into it. My cards are in good standing and this should not be happening, I even tried a friend of mine's card and it too came back declined. I had just used it to buy something online earlier today with no problem.
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the info. I sent it on to the moderator also. Hopefully they can help. I appreciate the attempts. Sometimes the site has problems. Thanks again, Joe