Frank, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,25 with GM,14 ASE certifications,

2007 gmc yukon denali: front passenger door..door locks, side mirror

Customer Question

I have a 2007 gmc yukon denali and the front passenger door is not working. I mean the glass, door locks, side mirror just on that door is not working. What on earth would cause that?
Category: Car
Expert:  Frank replied 7 years ago.
If there was no power going to the door did they check the fuses-after all you took it to a electrical shop.Check the wireing harness behind the emergency brake for being cut.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is too cold outside and dark now, but will check that in the morning. The harness in the floorboard or is that under the hood? Can you tell me if that could have been a fuse out for that door?
Expert:  Frank replied 7 years ago.
Check the wiring inside the truck under the dash at the parking brake assembly for any cut or chafed wires.There are fuses on the drivers side and passengers side of the dash-check them all .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did not see any frayed or cut wires. Manual say there are only fuses on drivers side.
Expert:  Frank replied 7 years ago.
There are electrical junctions on the drivers side-your right.From here on out its tracing wiring-remember that another shop said it had no power and we are taking their word for that.Can you get codes read out of the bodies systems to make sure that its just not the switch assmbly(module) as the switch is a comunications link to the bcm-nothing works off of a switch anymore-the switch sensds a signal to another computer that runs the power.