Mauricio
Mauricio, Technician
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models
12133139

jump..fuse box..internal functions work...no power window, radio..blew

Customer Question

my wife tried to jump the battery by hooking it up to the fuse box...now none of the internal functions work...no power window, radio, heat/air, etc...Where can I find the main fuse?...i think she blew it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mauricio replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

year:2005

make/model: GMC DENALI

Engine Type: V8

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
any idea where i can find the burnt fuse?
Expert:  Mauricio replied 8 years ago.
She hook up the battery cable backwards?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no, she hooked the battery cables from our other car to the fuse box of the Denali...On the Denali, there are red and black stems on the fuse box...instead of hooking the cables from our other car to the red/black stems of the battery on the Denali, she hooked the jumper cable to the red/black stems of the fuse box....now none of the interior functions (power window, power door locks, radio, air/heat, garage door opener, etc..) work....i think she blew the main fuse wire...not sure where it is located to replace.
Expert:  Mauricio replied 8 years ago.
Check the all the fuse under the hood fuse block, located at left side by the battery.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did...they all look ok...i think it may be a fuse wire...not sure where it is located...i think it is by the starter, but not sure where the starter is?
Expert:  Mauricio replied 8 years ago.
graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Could it be that the Mega Fuse 125A got fried?...Would that cause the interior functions to not work?...Thank for the drawing.
Expert:  Mauricio replied 8 years ago.
Did you check the fuses inside the car?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I checked the fuses under the hood, are there fuses inside the car?...ifso, where?

Expert:  Mauricio replied 8 years ago.
Check the fuse box on the both ends of the dash panel,
Expert:  Mauricio replied 8 years ago.
Please let me if you have any more questions?