Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

coupe: Jag..with 63,000 miles located..local dealer..mechanical

Customer Question

I am considering the purchase of a 2000 Jag xkr, coupe with 63,000 miles located in Castro Valley, CA. It has been well cared for by a knowledgeble owner in conjunction with a local dealer. What mechanical issues should I particularly check before purchase.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 years ago.

check all the fluids & the drive belts...when test drive pay attition to the brakes...talk to him about any repairs and mantanice he has had done.....with just 63k miles on it ..it should be fairly sound

happy new year

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

From the pictures I see, it appears the belts are very difficult to view from the top. Should I request the car be put on a lift so I can view it from below? Will I be able to see the belts better from there? How much flex should the belts have?

Also, re: the brakes. I read a review (Hemmings, I think) that said the brakes felt mushy. How stiff is OK? I drive a Porsche and a Volvo; both respond immediately, but are not abrupt, so I assume that is correct. Any thoughts?

Thanks

hi Customer

theres not alot you you're going to tell about it in a picture...i thought you were goin to inspect it in person...lol..but do talk to the owner about these things i hope you have a great happy new year