importdoctor
importdoctor, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years experience
9414525

Home last night..the steering wheel was not in the lock position

i have 2005 hyandi when i came home last night shut of engine but i believe the steering wheel was not in the lock position...this morning i tried to start and the key will not turn before i tried to turn the key i put the wheel in the lock position but it will not turn
Hello and thank you for using just answer. You have limited options at this point. Try jerking the steering wheel back and forth (left to right) while wiggling the key toward start, if this does not work then the steering lock is not the issue here. In this case you are most likely dealing with an ignition cylinder issue, the tumblers in the ignition may be jammed, if you have another key try that, if not then this is something that will need to be addressed by your local dealer. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Happy new year.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank god you made my day...jerking the wheel did the trick....again thank-you and have a great new year....jj2009
Thank you, I'm glad it was that simple!